Re: Proper Position

Martin expounded in news:DZBLi.929$6Y5.448@trnddc07:

I'm a brand new acoustic guitarist. I seem to be having a tough time
finding the best / correct position to sit and play. When trying to
keep the body of the guitar next to me by using my right hand, I find
the head of the guitar swinging away. I have tried different seating
positions (different heights, positions for my right leg, etc.) but
can't see to find one that works right. Suggestions?

One position that I like when I am practicing, is to sit in my computer
chair and lean back with a leg crossed. The guitar sits on top of the leg
of course. I find that very comfortable, at least until my leg falls
asleep.

You might also try getting a foot rest to raise the one leg up a little.

Snark.

  • Re: What am I doing wrong?
    ... I put the guitar on my right leg now and it plays alot better. ... I play acoustic guitar now but actually I do it because I ... Why do my fingers touch other strings that I dont want to touch? ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: music & geek question
    ... I have a very happy update on Kwame. ... HE"S PLAYING GUITAR! ... > with his leg on that side. ... > than not be able to play guitar. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Holding the CG in non-traditional way
    ... string Traveler guitar. ... on my right leg and I'm finding this playing position much less ... if I experience any pain again. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Classical Playing Position
    ... > kind of funny now to watch the old videos of people playing ... The left leg position is for finger style playing regardless of the ... An unidentified blues player with a big f-hole steel strung guitar. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Classical Playing Position
    ... kind of funny now to watch the old videos of people playing ... guitar when seated that don't involve a foot rest. ... crossed leg. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)