Re: Proper Position

Martin expounded in news:DZBLi.929$6Y5.448@trnddc07:

I'm a brand new acoustic guitarist. I seem to be having a tough time
finding the best / correct position to sit and play. When trying to
keep the body of the guitar next to me by using my right hand, I find
the head of the guitar swinging away. I have tried different seating
positions (different heights, positions for my right leg, etc.) but
can't see to find one that works right. Suggestions?

One position that I like when I am practicing, is to sit in my computer
chair and lean back with a leg crossed. The guitar sits on top of the leg
of course. I find that very comfortable, at least until my leg falls
asleep.

You might also try getting a foot rest to raise the one leg up a little.

Snark.