Re: Fret Buzz

Larry Lamb writes :

Every time I release my finger off the fret that is. Just before the sustaining notes goes silent I hear a buzz. Maybe I'll try record it and post the recording somewhere.

I think it's just a matter of how quickly you lift your finger.
If you go real slow it will certainly buzz at some point. Lift
it quickly and keep your finger on the string, unless you want
to do a pull-off. Don't lift it if you're going to play a note
further up the same string without moving your position.

Paul P

  • Re: Loosened Truss Rod All The Way, Still Got Fret Buzz, Now What?
    ... >> After I picked it up again, the fret buzz was pretty bad on every ... >> string on every fret all over the neck. ... I raised the bridge to the max and I still had string buzz. ... >> high-E still buzzes like crazy. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Fret wear = buzz?
    ... the strings tend to buzz but not the kind of buzz ... that comes from the string coming into contact with frets other than ... As you can see from this photo, the tops of the frets have become ... Buzz on high frets (with a reasonably low action) can also indicate a need for truss-rod adjustment and re-setting of the action. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Fret wear = buzz?
    ... the strings tend to buzz but not the kind of buzz ... that comes from the string coming into contact with frets other than ... Wear which reduces the height of a fret increases the propensity of the string to buzz on making contact with subsequent frets. ... This is more marked with a low action. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: new tuner
    ... And as to your g string developing a buzz... ... started once you put the tuner on, ... shim up the old nut and refile slots. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: new tuner
    ... And as to your g string developing a buzz... ... Betsey, Ed's rejoiner withstanding, do you know a guitar tech you ... started once you put the tuner on, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)