Re: Fret Buzz

"Lumpy" <lumpy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5kqelsF50pa7U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Larry Lamb wrote:
Well OK. I guess my technique can always be improved.

But I have another guitar that does not have the same buzz problem.
So if anyone has any suggestions regarding the setup of the guitar,
that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for not top posting.

I'm still having a hard time imagining when your
situation would be a problem. You're either fretting
a note or you're not. When is it that you're "almost
fretting" it and therefore seeing this problem?

Lumpy

You were the Ken-L-Ration St Bernard?
Yes. My dog's bigger.
www.lumpyvoice.net

Every time I release my finger off the fret that is. Just before the sustaining notes goes silent I hear a buzz. Maybe I'll try record it and post the recording somewhere.

Thanks for helping

Larry

  • Re: Fret Buzz
    ... But I have another guitar that does not have the same buzz problem. ... So if anyone has any suggestions regarding the setup of the guitar, ... fretting" it and therefore seeing this problem? ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: beginner problem with fretting
    ... Then tension up the guitar gradually over days/weeks whilst still having a guitar to practice on with less pain. ... I've got a classical guitar I just can't play - I used to, but after a long lay-off I've lost the hand strength. ... The good thing is if I do attempt to play it for a day or two then switch to electric guitar the difference is amazing, I immediately notice more strength available for note bending and fretting. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Youtube at its best../ ping: Tony Done
    ... on my pinky, and fret comfortably with the other three fingers, though I ... generally don't do as much fretting as he is. ... Unfortunately it's an exercise ... guitar looks to be about the same size my L-00, but with a 12-fret neck, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Speaking of Lefties...
    ... hand for forming (fretting) the notes, and the strong hand for plucking ... Some believe that the guitar was ... Anyone who thinks that the guitar is descended from the lute has serious ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Speaking of Lefties...
    ... A related question is why do we use the weak ... hand for forming (fretting) the notes, and the strong hand for plucking ... Some believe that the guitar was ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)