Re: I need help to find a good guitar for a re-beginner

A couple years ago I bought an Ibanez Destroyer for about $200 USD. It's a little heavy, but I do like the sound (Musically I like heavier stuff like The Scorpions, Megadeth, DIO, etc.) I'm 45 and just re-picked up guitar when I bought it a couple years ago, so we're sort of in the same boat ;)

Scott

vk7xgw wrote:

Hi all

I have one of those we questions we all probably dread, I want to
purchase a new guitar......

I am 42 years old and have played previously, just not in the last 15
years or so
The budget has a limit to maintain domestic bliss, so some trade off
may well be needed in play ability
I don't have a particular style of playing and will be playing for
self entertainment only
I have no brand preference, (electric or acoustic); but do reside in
Tasmania, Australia so my local retail traders are few and far between
and tend to only stock the more major brands and a smattering of Asian
imports ( I would like to strum before I buy)

I look forward to a bunch of interesting replies and questions

Wayne

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/

  • Re: OT: Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD, Will the madness never end?!?!
    ... that I actually think is acceptable: Blizzard Entertainment specifies as part of the EULA for playing World of Warcraft (I haven't bought it yet, but I've read the EULA in a cafe) that you need to agree to software searching your computer for third-party software that could be used to cheat at the game. ... The reason I think this is OK, whereas what Sony is doing isn't, is that the software isn't installed onto your computer but rather it only runs while you're playing the game. ... To access online gaming, I'm fine with being asked to agree to another contract, but for use on my own computer I've already bought the product in the shop so I shouldn't have to agree to a second contract. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Lyrics for all three versions of Dylans Billy, including Billy 7
    ... "Up in Santa Fe you bought one" ... Like most of the "official lyrics" there are many errors. ... and you're playing all alone. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Lyrics for all three versions of Dylans Billy, including Billy 7
    ... "Up in Santa Fe you bought one" ... Billy 1 and Billy 7 are riddled with errors and you're absolutely right about that whore Dylan bought in Sante Fe. ... There's guns across the river about to pound you ... and you're playing all alone. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: How to become a MVP
    ... at times playing in a park free. ... crunch you just can't get from any other amp. ... USA strat, a 74 Tele blond, but I love the sound from a gibson sg gothic I ... "store bought band". ...
  • Re: Ever buy a pin without playing before?
    ... bought all mine without having played them, ... have much experience with de or gottlieb. ... weary when it comes to playing them, even more so about buing one. ... the wms connection. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)