I need help to find a good guitar for a re-beginner

Hi all

I have one of those we questions we all probably dread, I want to
purchase a new guitar......

I am 42 years old and have played previously, just not in the last 15
years or so
The budget has a limit to maintain domestic bliss, so some trade off
may well be needed in play ability
I don't have a particular style of playing and will be playing for
self entertainment only
I have no brand preference, (electric or acoustic); but do reside in
Tasmania, Australia so my local retail traders are few and far between
and tend to only stock the more major brands and a smattering of Asian
imports ( I would like to strum before I buy)

I look forward to a bunch of interesting replies and questions

Wayne

  • Re: I need help to find a good guitar for a re-beginner
    ... I don't have a particular style of playing and will be playing for ... I have no brand preference,; ... can lazily strum upon is most probably your cup of tea; ... Sure, you could by an amp and electric guitar package for the same price, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: I need help to find a good guitar for a re-beginner
    ... You're getting some good advice, but I get the feeling it ain't gonna help if you can't access the gear. ... I don't have a particular style of playing and will be playing for ... I have no brand preference,; ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Anyone running 10.4 on G3 iMac?
    ... I'm only really idly wondering post the purchase of ... > an iBook for the spousal unit and playing with 10.4. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: I need help to find a good guitar for a re-beginner
    ... I don't have a particular style of playing and will be playing for ... I have no brand preference,; ... Australia so my local retail traders are few and far between ... The Hellraiser has ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Grosvenor Decca recital
    ... say, I disagree with all your critical remarks, as do Diapason, ... There IS no agenda. ... of his playing I have found disturbing. ... Purchase requires a special commitment. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)