Re: It Aint Me Babe

On 28 May 2007, "Lumpy" <lumpy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
alt.guitar.beginner:

If you need to pray to make sense of your life, do it in church.

Now, I realize that the lyrics to Highway 61 are obscure and I don't
claim to know what they're about, but if you think they are a
prayer, I'd say that says more about you than it does about the
song.

And I think that referring to a Biblical story is not the same thing as
'telling you about their religion.'

  • Re: is this newsgroup alive or dead?
    ... [snipped JJ Cale's lyrics] ... That's a bit obscure! ... but I think they had a hit or two in the '70s. ... heavily on science fiction, fantasy, and individualist libertarian philosophy, ...
  • Re: AMC: Let the bad times roll
    ... Great lyrics. ... > forsaked Metalunica for Paul Westerberg? ... Ok, he's obscure, so extra points ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: Let the bad times roll
    ... Great lyrics. ... > forsaked Metalunica for Paul Westerberg? ... Ok, he's obscure, so extra ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: In the bye-ways and hedges
    ... A way other than the highway; a side road; a secluded, private, ... obscure, or unfrequented way. ... to reach their "side" meaning or with the old Norse word that means "village"? ...
    (alt.usage.english)