Re: Issues With Rhythm

On 2 May, 21:11, Paul <a...@xxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I've went away, I bought a book on music theory and am beginning to
understand concepts like 4/4 etc.

My question carries on from the YouTube video that Paul posted. I'm
trying to figure out how he strums the song.. For example:

He hits the bottom E open and then puts his fingers down to form a G
and hits the E again before playing the G (i think) to begin the song.
It creates a wonderful chug-a-chug sound. He also does that on
occasions throughout the song.

It's the strumming pattern that I can't get. The (i think) 4/4 of the
verse

"Baby Let Me Follow You Down,
Baby Let Me Follow You Down,"

That's all I've been able to work out and it's driving me crazy. When
I play it, it just sounds considerable inferior and I'm not pleased
about it.

Sure this kid is clearly a decent guitarist who has had lessons
(unlike me) but its sometihng to aspire too

Thanks

  • "The Best of Captain Waynes Mad Music Show" Mar 27, 2007
    ... The Automobile Song - Benny Bell & Paul Wynn / Shaving Cream ... The Car Alarm - The Vestibules / Radio Free Vestibule: ... Warm Leatherette - The Normal / New Wave Hits: ... Dead Man's Curve - Jan & Dean / Hot Rods and Custom Classics ...
    (rec.music.dementia)
  • Please ignore.
    ... The Baby That Would Not Die ... The boy's American father told him once. ... Americans danced to Eleanor's favorite song. ... vet of planning to sue and damage Ochs' reputation. ...
    (comp.security.pgp.test)
  • Re: W/O 12/28/2009 - In The CD Changer This Week
    ... I consider it a great compliment that 12 of the 21 songs on my 2008 RMAS mix ... disc made it onto your compilation. ... Baby Driver - Simon & Garfunkel ... Idle (The Rabbit Song) - Hem ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: More New Rush...
    ... A "hit", the last I knew, is a song that makes it's musical genre's Top 40, ... Rush put's new CD so it must be great because Rush was once great. ... Tom can have his hits and wash them down with some Britney ... They will play a song of a new album for a short time ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: Do Right To Me Baby ( Do Unto Others)
    ... And is there another Dylan song ... & His Orchestra ... "I Found a Million Dollar Baby," Fred ... "You Call It Madness," The Nat King Cole Trio ...
    (rec.music.dylan)