Re: Recording SOftware

thanks for the info. the problem with putting mic in front of amp, is i have
a heavy duty computer. it has 6 case fans. that noise is heard through the
mic. it sounds good, but doesn't sound great.

i was wondering because i heave heard/read about blowing up sound cards with
plugging into it from a guitar with a preamp.

thanks for the advice

--
"Bam" <bam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, but what if... I really like the software I got. has everything I
need.

what would I need to be able to plug into my sound card without damaging
it??

I am guessing that straight in wouldn't be healthy

--
Thanks,
Jeff Ferren
"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Bam wrote:
Hey gang.

I have been looking for some recording software, so I can plug into my
computer and record.
I have been playing for over 20 years, but computer recording is
something new to me.

Now, 2 things come to mind. First, if my guitar has a preamp, that takes
a 9V battery, and I plug into the line in on my sound card, is there a
chance of blowing the card??

Second, I have come across software called...
Acoustica Mix Master. I have been using this by using the mic on my
headset. It works well, as far as the software goes, just too much crap
background noise. Is this software a good program to use??

But I am really concerned about the sound card as stated in the first
question.. I just don't know if I should use a special type of pci card
for guitar or something. Any help would be appreciated.

You could look at IK Multimedia's Stealth Plug

M-Audio's Jam Lab

Both work thru USB. Stealth Plug with everything you need for $99. The
software alone is worth 3 times that.

  • Re: Recording SOftware
    ... I have been looking for some recording software, so I can plug into my computer and record. ... But I am really concerned about the sound card as stated in the first question.. ... I just don't know if I should use a special type of pci card for guitar or something. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Recording SOftware
    ... what would I need to be able to plug into my sound card without damaging ... I have been looking for some recording software, so I can plug into my ... You could look at IK Multimedia's Stealth Plug ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Recording SOftware
    ... I have been playing for over 20 years, but computer recording is something ... 9V battery, and I plug into the line in on my sound card, is there a chance ... guitar or something. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Studer B67 playback
    ... "a couple of decibels of noise" is completely meaningless to anyone ... unsophisticated sound card is in excess of 85 dB. ... about twenty seconds before it stops recording and begins to play ...
    (rec.audio.pro)