Re: Recording SOftware

thanks for the info. the problem with putting mic in front of amp, is i have
a heavy duty computer. it has 6 case fans. that noise is heard through the
mic. it sounds good, but doesn't sound great.

i was wondering because i heave heard/read about blowing up sound cards with
plugging into it from a guitar with a preamp.

thanks for the advice

--
"Bam" <bam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, but what if... I really like the software I got. has everything I
need.

what would I need to be able to plug into my sound card without damaging
it??

I am guessing that straight in wouldn't be healthy

--
Thanks,
Jeff Ferren
"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Bam wrote:
Hey gang.

I have been looking for some recording software, so I can plug into my
computer and record.
I have been playing for over 20 years, but computer recording is
something new to me.

Now, 2 things come to mind. First, if my guitar has a preamp, that takes
a 9V battery, and I plug into the line in on my sound card, is there a
chance of blowing the card??

Second, I have come across software called...
Acoustica Mix Master. I have been using this by using the mic on my
headset. It works well, as far as the software goes, just too much crap
background noise. Is this software a good program to use??

But I am really concerned about the sound card as stated in the first
question.. I just don't know if I should use a special type of pci card
for guitar or something. Any help would be appreciated.

You could look at IK Multimedia's Stealth Plug

M-Audio's Jam Lab

Both work thru USB. Stealth Plug with everything you need for $99. The
software alone is worth 3 times that.

.