Re: Singing with guitar
- From: Nil <rednoise+news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:39:07 -0500
On 06 Jun 2006, "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
I eventually started taking voice lessons. I am only 3 lessons in,
but it has helped me work through all the problems of the OP.
Lessons are always a good idea, especially in the beginning of any
new musical endeavor. I took a singing class in college, and even
though the study material was pretty lame, it gave me some great
clues about how to use the vocal apparatus. I still consult the
course book, called "Expressive Singing" by Van Christy (not that I
recommend this book in particular, it's just the one I have.) I'm
not a natural singer, but with some practice and attention to good
technique, I can get the job done. But my vocal machinery seems to
be kind of delicate, and if I'm not careful, I can blow my voice out
and not be able to sing for a while. I would like to take some more
singing lessons to help improve my stamina and tone.
- Prev by Date: Re: Singing with guitar
- Next by Date: Re: "Quit Playing Guitar"
- Previous by thread: Re: Singing with guitar
- Next by thread: Re: Singing with guitar