Re: Memorial Day

Stephen Calder <calder9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:44812bbe$0$500$61c65585@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
m.au:

Actually God has no expectations of anyone. How could He? To expect
implies not to know. An expectation implies the possibility that I may
not do what God has destined. That is impossible. We all do what God has
destined. We have no choice.

Most Christians believe we do have choice. We are not predestined. GOD is
omnipotent, but we are free to choose what we are to do. Otherwise what would
be the point of going to Church and getting saved? We have to choose to
believe. It is not ingrained into us anymore than being good is. People are
not naturally good. We choose that also. We are selfish and always want
things our way. Most of the time we only do things for others because there
is something in it for others. Lots of the time it is just that it makes us
feel good about ourselves.

--
Larry Scott
If you will live like no one else,

  • Re: Memorial Day
    ... Actually God has no expectations of anyone. ... An expectation implies the possibility ... Most Christians believe we do have choice. ... What "most Christians" believe is completely irrelivant to the truth ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Memorial Day
    ... Actually God has no expectations of anyone. ... An expectation implies the possibility that I ... Most Christians believe we do have choice. ... become "the truth" until over 300 years after Christ's death at the ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Memorial Day
    ... Actually God has no expectations of anyone. ... An expectation implies the possibility that I may ... Most Christians believe we do have choice. ... Strat, Mesa Lone Star Special, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Memorial Day
    ... An expectation implies the possibility that I may not do what God has destined. ... Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace. ... Yet Jesus' own example is to forgive even when forgiveness is not asked for nor remorse shown. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Memorial Day
    ... An expectation implies the possibility that I may ... We all do what God ... The point is to learn love and forgiveness. ... Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)