Re: Are You Obsessed with Learning/Playing Guitar?

"Filamino" <pduha-@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
2) Sometimes I get really discouraged by this
newsgoup. Don't get me wrong, I think of it as
a valuable learning tool / resource. BUT, it is
called alt.guitar.BEGINNER and a lot of the time
I feel really dumb because an awful lot of the
threads are theory and other stuff that is way
beyond my scope. So, I think to myself, if this
is a beginner group then what does that make me
because I haven't a clue what people are talking
about.

Don't feel bad. Look at the bright side. I have been playing
guitar since 1979. I think I know what I am doing (despite
what the experts here say) and I am just as clueless about
that theory stuff as you are.

Now the good news. I can tell you absolutely for sure that
you do not need any of that theory stuff to be a successful
and happy guitarist. Check my website:

http://bluechainlightning.net

Hey this costs you nothing, and you may find it helpful. I get
emails all the time from thankful folks. You can email me
privately at gcisko@xxxxxxxxxxx and perhaps we can put
you on the right track. Email is not as good as in person, but
under the circumstances what have you got to loose ;-)

--

gcisko@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Scottish Guitar
    ... Being of Scottish roots I have been looking for a guitar ... resource. ... Derek Spalla ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: learning....key and chords; could use some help
    ... Another vote for The Guitar Handbook. ... resource. ... Not only will you learn the basics of music, ... covers the history of guitars and guitarists, ...
    (alt.guitar)