Re: open G chord?
- From: "Lumpy" <lumpy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:07:20 -0700
> > I do some stuff where my thumb comes around
> > the TREBLE side of the neck and frets notes
> > on the 1st and 2nd strings.
> I can't quite picture that, unless your thumb
> was on the opposite side of your hand compared
> to the rest of the species.
Picture a typical acoustic guitar with 14 frets
clear of the body. Play something on the 20th
fret and your left thumb has to come out from
behind the neck and is hovering near the
edge of the fingerboard, near the 1st and 2nd
Same as when a cello or upright bass player
is in the upper positions, over the body
of the instrument.
Now, just for added visual fun, picture that
going on and I reach, with my RIGHT hand,
up to the 5th or 6th string around the
5th fret and tap a note up there.
In Your Ears for 40 Years
- Prev by Date: Re: Totally OT...GAS
- Next by Date: Re: Open Mic
- Previous by thread: Re: open G chord?
- Next by thread: Re: open G chord?