Re: Modded my guitar

"\o/ Billy" <wju425@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43581a1f$0$3756$39cecf19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have a nice LP copy (agile al3000 prestige) but it sounded a little
muddy
> to me, in other words not much treble. I did a research for guitar mod and
> info. Wow, lots of goodies out there and you practically can get any sound
> you want in your guitar. I found a site that showed the wirings for the
> gibson les paul and I saw the values of the caps on the pots. I pulled the
> cover off of mine and saw that the caps (.047uf) are different and none on
> the volume pots. I went to radio shack and bought a pack of .022uf
poly-film
> caps and a pack of .001uf ceramic caps. The .022ufs goes on the tone pots
> and the .001ufs on the volume pots. Damn, it sound more like a les paul
and
> sound much better than it was before. I mean it's bitchin'. :)
>
> Now I'm wondering if there's a reason for them to make their guitars sound
> not as good as it could? Does gibson have a lawsuit that say, "don't sound
> as good as me?"

congrats on your successful surgery! ;')

Roger

  • Modded my guitar
    ... lots of goodies out there and you practically can get any sound ... you want in your guitar. ... gibson les paul and I saw the values of the caps on the pots. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Modded my guitar
    ... I did a research for guitar mod ... >> gibson les paul and I saw the values of the caps on the pots. ... it sound more like a les paul ... I bought a 500k pot in case I ruined one. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: A little wirng experiment.
    ... The guitar is "dark", but it doesn't sound dull to me. ... aren't coming through the pickup. ... > You might want to meassure the value of your current pots first ... ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Howd you start to cut bass?
    ... Where would you start to cut on lower freqs on your guitar sound? ... love the sound, but the problem is, when I play EVERYTHING in the room ... to full size superior quality pots but I haven't seen any. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Help recommend some good pick-ups to meet my needs
    ... I'm strictly a rhythm guitar player who like a smooth top end. ... Nice top end or back off the tone for darker sounds. ... is that Fender many times uses 1 Meg pots with their HH guitars. ... So replace the tone pots and tone caps with the PAF type humbuckers. ...
    (alt.guitar)