> he could show me as much -
> it might be a case of turning up
> and it being time to finish
> already!
>
> What do you think they would teach
> u in the first half hour? will
> they get you playing or will they
> go over theory (tuning and stuff)

I think you're trying to pre-think it too hard.
Nothing essentially wrong with that, except
that your teacher will be different than any
other teacher that anyone could tell you about.
Start taking lessons. Only YOU and your teacher
will be able to tell if you will benefit from
shorter/longer lessons, different learning methods,
even a different teacher.

It will take a few lessons for the teacher to
figure out what makes you 'tick'. Once you and
him reach that point, things will move faster.

Everyone's learning style/speed is different.

Lump

  • Re: Price for lessons?
    ... lessons my parents paid for. ... What's your legal minimum wage over there in the US? ... Pick your teacher on reputation. ... do not have comprehensive materials and their ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Self Taught?
    ... Joey Goldstein wrote: ... I took about 12 lessons and then quit. ... > I forget the name of my main 3rd year teacher at the school. ... Back in Toronto I took an electronic music course (non guitar) with ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Self Taught?
    ... I took about 12 lessons and then quit. ... >> I forget the name of my main 3rd year teacher at the school. ... Back in Toronto I took an electronic music course (non guitar) with ... >> Joey Goldstein ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Resp to Tooly - long post
    ... I'm thinking that just a few lessons from a true classical professional ... than quantity in a teacher. ... now I can't play any pieces or songs and I don't get better. ... same mistakes again I put the guitar in my closet and said "enough." ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Step by step lesson book
    ... teacher that you like. ... I had little choice because when I was 15 neither I nor my family could afford lessons. ... My primary learning modality is visual; that is, I can most easily absorb and remember information presented in visual form. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)