Re: Big frets vs. small frets.

"PolyMorf" <pfm@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AYsAe.8224$aY6.762@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Scott wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> What is the big difference between large and small frets?
>>

>> Is it just a 'feel' thing?
>>
>> Scott
>
> I find it MUCH harder to do full step to 2 1/2 step bends
> with short frets. Especially around the 2nd fret for full
> step bends. I can't dig into the strings with small frets.
> I like jumbos on some guitars and medium jumbos on
> others.
>
> I don't notice that much difference sliding up and down
> the neck with tall or short frets.
>
> Regards,
>
> Harry

Like the other guy said, it might be just a personal difference. I have
absolutely no problem doing 2 1/2 bend on my tiny fret on my strat.

Or maybe it's a physical difference. I have long fingers, but have very
narrow and girly fingertips. Which makes it uncomfortable for me to slide
on big frets.

  • Re: Big frets vs. small frets.
    ... >Scott wrote: ... >The big frets are bigger than the small frets. ... "Goodnight Austin, Texas, wherever you are." ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Big frets vs. small frets.
    ... Scott wrote: ... I find it MUCH harder to do full step to 2 1/2 step bends ... with short frets. ... I like jumbos on some guitars and medium jumbos on ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Japanese Fender Stratocaster
    ... Scott wrote: ... near as I can tell) that I'd gotten new from Sam Ash back in '93. ... I fell in love with the sound of it and really liked the smaller frets on it. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar)
  • Re: Big frets vs. small frets.
    ... Try to find a new guitar with thin frets. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: How to make a rosewood fretboard "slicker"?
    ... Last time I changed strings I hit it ... Frets aren't polished, are too low, or he's fretting too hard to begin with. ... Your fingers shouldn't be hanging up too much on the board of a new guitar. ... and you should find bends much smoother. ...
    (alt.guitar)