Mic directly into computer?
- From: "JoeSpareBedroom" <newstrash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 11:45:42 -0400
Yesterday, a neighbor's kid was complaining about lousy sound in recordings
he made on his Mac Book Pro using the internal mic. He'd recorded his voice
and ukelele. He came over here and we hooked up a real mic to my mixer, ran
that into what Apple calls the line input, and the results were far better,
as expected. Fantastic, actually.
He's on a tight budget, so I suggested one of the under-$100 Behringer
mixers and some sort of decent mic, like an SM58 or whatever. Then I
wondered if running the mic right into the computer would work just as well,
assuming he didn't need the tone controls on a mixer. Have any of you tried
this? Would a mic's signal level be too low to work well this way?
We weren't able to try this because I didn't have any sort of adaptor from
XLR to stereo mini-plug.
- Prev by Date: Re: Bass over Skype
- Next by Date: Re: Learn Something Every Day
- Previous by thread: Bass over Skype
- Next by thread: Re: Mic directly into computer?