Re: OT: Electrical Question #2

On Dec 28, 6:51 pm, Pt <pea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been a union construction electrician for close to 40 years and
went through a 5 year apprenticeship.
From what I am reading here most of you should not touch house
electricity.

I only work under supervision, outside my field. Helper, clean-up,
doing the "mule" stuff where possible. Electricians have this thing
about being the cleanest dudes on the job, don't you know...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is inspections of the
future-- for new work, or perhaps selling the house.
Austin has become really tight, to the point where the inspectors have
a license (so to speak) to cite anything they see on a job. City
employees, I am told, are offered bounties to turn in non-permitted
work they might see going on (such as a ditch with a new water service
or sewer line in it or going in it).
That bothers me in some respects, as simple repairs can be very
expensive for customers on limited incomes, but on the other hand,
maybe it's making it more difficult for the handymen to undercut
licensed professionals on price. And maybe there's a whole lot less
shoddy work going on.
--D-y

  • Re: NBC: Ive been meaning to post this for awhile.........
    ... > But the big ones (involving plumbing and electricity) usually require ... People often do their own plumbing and electrical work without the ... myself and was able to get it to pass all inspections (elec, concrete, ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: OT: AARP
    ... electricity was inspected and turned on, the plumbing was inspected and provided water and a working toilet. ... The inspections were done by the city's inspection division. ... long as there is electricity, running water, and a working bathroom, it is legal to live in. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: OT: AARP
    ... considerations than that! ... provided water and a working toilet. ... The inspections were done by the ... long as there is electricity, running water, and a working bathroom, it ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: OT: AARP
    ... In all these instances, occupancy permits were obtained when the electricity was inspected and turned on, the plumbing was inspected and provided water and a working toilet. ... The inspections were done by the city's inspection division. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)