Re: Guitar/Bass

On 08 Sep 2011, Pt <peatea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in alt.guitar.bass:

I find that a lot of bass players are guitar players who switched to
bass.
They sound like it too.
How bout you?

I'm really a guitarist and always will be, but I like to play bass,
too. I recognize when I'm playing bass too much like a guitar, but I
can't easily make the paradigm switch. It can take me a few days or
weeks of dedicated bass playing before I feel like I'm really thinking
like a bassist. I'd like to get a regular gig as a bassist so I could
imprint it in my brain more deeply, and hopefully be able to call it up
better.

  • Paul explains it all...
    ... Paul talks about his guitar and bass guitar ... who my favorite bass player was, I would say, "That Motown guy. ... L.A. I'm a cheap sort, ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Newbie to the group Introduction
    ... I've been playing guitar and bass since the 80's. ... Along the way, taught my self to play piano and keyboards, learned about ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: new soundclip
    ... Bass sound is wrong, ... asked them to mic the guitar and bass however they normally would and ... then put my mics in there also. ... Tenor was on a U87 in the booth. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: How I started playing guitar....long
    ... I did and still do love the Andrews sisters songs. ... an old Harmony acoustic guitar with a huge crack in the top and 3 ... I took that thing every where I went and spent hours learning to play ... Two guitars, bass, sax and drums. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Paul talks about his playing..
    ... I know this might seem old, but I just found this old Guitar Player ... number on Stuart Sutcliff, the original bass player. ... Paul McCartney: I liked "Taxman" just because of what it was. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)