Re: Next... your guitar...

DGDevin <DGDevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You must come to court
with clear hands as the old saying goes.

That's exactly my point.

All nations have similar protectionist trade agreements, the US has
them, NZ has them, although seeing as mostly the other countries are
bigger bullies ours aren't quite as toothy as other folks.

And some of that legislation is there purely as tit-for-tat

If you want yours honoured, you have to honour theirs, no matter how
crazy they sound, as that is what has been agreed to.

So, saying this issue is to do with Indian labour is a complete
misvieweing of the situation.

Gibson are deliberately attempting to get around international import
laws. It matters not what the law is, or whether it is 'fair'.

It is not about US enterpretation of Indian law, that's crap, it is
about US enterpretation of a fairly clear trade agreement.

--- Derek

--
Derek Tearne - derek@xxxxxxxxx
Vitamin S: improvisation from New Zealand http://www.vitamin-s.co.nz/

  • FMA 51 - Laws and Promises
    ... Episode 51 Laws and Promises ... She shoots back as the guards attempt to restrain Archer, saying ... Having broken the law of equivalent exchange, after the break, the ... "You mind telling me why?" ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Malaysian court rules against public kisses and hugs
    ... The Federal Court ruled to uphold an existing law against indecent public ... saying that the couple's actions had offended members of the public. ... the United States or the United Kingdom, where such acts are accepted by ...
    (soc.culture.malaysia)
  • My latest rambling rant, feedback apreciated:
    ... Like I keep saying, voting does nothing more than to say that one ... long as anyone is above the law for any reason, ... have slipped from media attention, “they” OWN the broadcast and print ... Saying corporations care is like saying the ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: What Jewish brains are good for
    ... part of what I'm saying is that if the law ... reaction may be driving some portion of my response. ... I'm not saying that this is always a bad thing, mind you, but from my ... why Torah study is qualitative different from studying other subjects ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Heres one for eBay re-sellers :-)
    ... When did you complete your consumer law ... Read the post from Niel saying he has is money back? ... suspect both apply to you. ... have you refused to pay any more EBay sellers lately? ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)