Re: Class D amps

Pt wrote:
I want to start a discussion pertaining to class D amps.
They have been around for some time mostly to amplify electric/
acoustic instruments and electric bass.
They can be small and light and till put out massive amounts of power.
The first I heard of them was when Acoustic Image introduced the
Clarus amp.
Recently I see that they are being used in power amps.
What are the pros and cons of class D amps in your opinion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switching_amplifier#Advantages

Funny how they don't list any DISadvantages, eh?

  • Re: Class D amps
    ... acoustic instruments and electric bass. ... Recently I see that they are being used in power amps. ... What are the pros and cons of class D amps in your opinion? ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Class D amps
    ... acoustic instruments and electric bass. ... They can be small and light and till put out massive amounts of power. ... What are the pros and cons of class D amps in your opinion? ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Class D amps
    ... I want to start a discussion pertaining to class D amps. ... acoustic instruments and electric bass. ... Recently I see that they are being used in power amps. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Class D amps
    ... acoustic instruments and electric bass. ... They can be small and light and till put out massive amounts of power. ... Recently I see that they are being used in power amps. ... What are the pros and cons of class D amps in your opinion? ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Dynamic phase shift
    ... Some things go better with NFB. ... Even the AM radio tuner which is a module the size of a matchbox with 3 IF single ... The power amps are complementary pair germanium AD161 and AD162 coupled via 1,000 ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)