Re: OLP 5 String
- From: SotR <suitebarbershopquartet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:54:38 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 29, 11:25 pm, de...@xxxxxxxxx (Derek Tearne) wrote:
SotR <suitebarbershopquar...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was looking at your pics. But the first one that came up was the WAL
bass. I didn't notice the caption and was thinking, "wow, my OLP
doesn't look anything like his. lol.
Yes, that could be a bit disconcerting! I must have pasted the wrong
It's quite interesting to compare the insides of a Wal, which is a
design from the very early '80's, and the insides of just about any
other bass. The Wal insides are incredibly neat and well thought out.
The board and connectors are socketed so they can be removed with the
minimum of fuss, not that they need removing that often.
Most other basses look crude and clumsy in comparison.
Derek Tearne - de...@xxxxxxxxx
Vitamin S: improvisation from New Zealandhttp://www.vitamin-s.co.nz/
d'Groove: 12 piece party/covers bandhttp://www.dGroove.co.nz/
Yeah, the WAL is pretty slick.
- Prev by Date: Re: Didn't get the gig this time.
- Next by Date: Re: Didn't get the gig this time.
- Previous by thread: Re: Didn't get the gig this time.
- Next by thread: OT - Osama killed