- From: MegaSwing <MegaSwing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 2, 11:35 pm, bassman2 <vince_angelon...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sometime, players tend to nominate, when asked, players that have
influenced them. To me, usually this means musically - for example,
there is something in the way we hear a player that we aspire to
emulate in our own playing. But are there other factors as well - do
you have examples where you have been influenced by a non musician
(for example, an extraordinary craftsman) where you have taken their
lead and applied it to music?
PS - Happy Fathers day to all (on Sunday, in tis neck of the woods
A significant influence of mine was the great baseball pitcher-cum-
philosopher Satchel Paige, who uttered the immortal phase "Life is all
'mind over matter'...If you don't mind, it don't matter."
Helps me try to keep a sane perspective on music, showbiz, my workaday
existence, and life in general.
Some things are non-negotiable, but most things are too trivial to
fight over. Knowing the difference saves a lot of anguish and energy.
- From: bassman2
- Prev by Date: Re: Trouble with my amp...any guesses on the problem?
- Next by Date: Re: No respect, I tell you
- Previous by thread: Influences
- Next by thread: Re: Influences