Re: Help settling a bet

Mike Fleming <{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:

It seems the CA-30 is obsolete and has been replaced by the CA-1 or
the CA-40. Can anyone tell me which is the better, as they're about
the same price.

Just checking the specs again - the CA-40 has a slightly wider specified
pitch range - A0-C8, the CA-1 (and apparently the CA-30) cover C1-C8

Seeing as the Low B on a 5 string is B0 (a tone below C1), you
apparently need the CA-40 - although my CA-30 seems to do a fine job of
tuning the low B.

I might buy a CA-40 just because it's white - and therefore easier to
find on a dark stage...

--- Derek

--
Derek Tearne - derek@xxxxxxxxx
Vitamin S - improvisation from Aotearoa/New Zealand

  • Re: Help settling a bet
    ... the same price. ... Just checking the specs again - the CA-40 has a slightly wider specified ... tuners (chunky dark grey boxes with chromatic tuning by lights alone) ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Help settling a bet
    ... I found it a great little tuner, but too brittle - one drop and bye ... the CA-40. ... the same price. ... Mike Fleming ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)