Re: Your $175 practice bass amp

Yeah, I know I said $150 one place and $175 another - whatever. Cheap,
good, lightweight bass combo - the impossible dream.

-S-

Steve Freides wrote:
I found a used GK Backline 110 for $150 shipped but haven't bought it
yet.

It's for the family room, where I don't practice but my son, who plays
bass sometimes, does. I need as small as possible so my wife doesn't
complain as we've also got a Peavey guitar amp in there (also 110)
plus instruments.

My ideal solution would be a two-channel amp that could handle bass
and guitar together and have whatever distortion guitar players like,
but I'm not expecting to find that for $175, so I'll settle for a
small bass amp.

What would you spend your $150 on? I just don't want a nightmare -
anything that'll play semi-loud without breaking up will probably be
fine.

-S-

  • Re: Acoustic Bass Amplifier
    ... amps, and buy an acoustic guitar amp like the Ultrasound 30 (or the ... Ultrasound 50 because it has two channels), how would an acoustic bass ... acoustic guitar amps. ... practice, and I hate to use mine for that. ...
    (rec.music.makers.bass)
  • Recommend me a bass amp?
    ... and it seems likely that I may need to switch from guitar to bass. ... I'm wondering what kind of amp I might need. ... somehow I think I'd need a lot more power for a bass guitar. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: amps
    ... state amp. ... I think you would be better off to buy a cheap guitar and a good tube ... Ok maybe you guys can help me out on the subject of bass guitars and amps. ... Bass players worry a lot about the acoustic properties of their basses. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Tracks for testing cabinets
    ... guitar or a lended basguitar. ... In those realms bass guitar tends to ... cabinet in a modest "isolated" chamber and play some music through it. ... tracks to feed the amp or cabinet and to hear what's going on... ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Amp in front like a monitor?
    ... Played with band #2 last night and I have to play one last gig with them tonight before the band dissolves and everyone goes their separate ways. ... The guitar & keyboard were dialed out of the mains and it still didn't help. ... you can turn a bass cab around like a wedge monitor. ... or carry a big amp & a small amp and scale to the room. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)