Re: Routine maintenance
- From: derek@xxxxxxxxx (Derek Tearne)
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:54:13 +1200
Misifus <rafseibert@xxxxxxx> wrote:
That must be why the studio engineers in Nashville always used to keep a
bottle of pure grain alcohol in the control room. Although, there was a
rumor that some of the idiots wasted the stuff cleaning tape heads.
High strength alcohol (80%+) is very good for cleaning strings,
particularly removing rosin from upright strings - it's also pretty good
for cleaning off the gub that gets in between the frets.
The heads from distillation are also pretty good at cleaning off gub
from behind frets etc.- but as they're poisonous I tend to dispose of
them soon after distlilling.
Derek Tearne - derek@xxxxxxxxx
Vitamin S - improvisation from Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Prev by Date: Re: Cox dropping usenet
- Next by Date: Re: Routine maintenance
- Previous by thread: Re: Routine maintenance
- Next by thread: Re: Routine maintenance