Woo Hoo! Meet my new baby...
- From: "js" <nothing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:16:20 -0800
Just came in today Yamaha BB405:
With any luck, she'll be part of an 8 string fretted/4 string fretless
doubleneck by summer's end. Paid a little over 100 bucks for it, which SEEMS
like too much looking at it- but you'd be surprised at what "project" 5
strings are going for.
Plus, under all that crap is some good wood and quality control; you can't
say that about every bass.
Looks like the "finish" is all tape, which is good from a stripping
standpoint. The BEST part is the silver duct insulation tape the genius used
as edge binding. Well that, and the fact that the bridge is missing 4
The split headstock is actually an easy fix, plus it's going to get plugged,
redrilled, and laminated anyway.. Looks like someone tried the "wood filler
as structural binding" trick at some point.
As soon as I finish my EUB (which won't be long), it's down to work.
I love this shit.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to interview a luthier
- Next by Date: Re: You know you're getting old when...
- Previous by thread: Potting Pickups
- Next by thread: Re: Woo Hoo! Meet my new baby...