Re: OT - Ipad

Les Cargill <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is annoying is that there is apparently no USB, no harddrive.
I don't even know if you can mount a remote drive over 802.11.

Huh? It does use USB. There's no standard USB port - it has the same
'dock' type connector as an iPod - but you can use the dock or a little
camera connection kit thingy to connect to things using a conventional
USB cable.

And as for no hard disk - this is the 21st century - soon most computers
won't have hard disks.

It has a flash drive instead - 16GB to 64GB that's a lot of PDF real
books.

--- Derek

--
Derek Tearne - derek@xxxxxxxxx
Vitamin S - improvisation from Aotearoa/New Zealand

  • Re: Disable Exe and Other File Types from being run/viewed
    ... us to restrict the local hard disk anymore than it already is (no-one has any ... The problem lies entirely with USB drives/etc... ... staff and admins will still have full control of what we can/can't run. ... > them to have access to USB drives, consider disabling USB in the cmos for ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: installing debian from USB... IS IT POSSIBLE?
    ... The Wheezy netinst-cdrom image can certainly be used with a USB stick ... How did you partition the hard disk? ... Did you put a file system on the partition? ... Just install as normal. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: USB 2.0 not working for me - Please Help!
    ... >I bought a new hard disk and put it with a hard disk enclosure (USB ... >2.0) and also bought a USB 2.0 PCI card. ... bovendien heb je niet eens het fatsoen om Nederlands te posten in een ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: USB 2.0 not working for me - Please Help!
    ... >I bought a new hard disk and put it with a hard disk enclosure (USB ... >2.0) and also bought a USB 2.0 PCI card. ... bovendien heb je niet eens het fatsoen om Nederlands te posten in een ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: USB 2.0 not working for me - Please Help!
    ... >I bought a new hard disk and put it with a hard disk enclosure (USB ... >2.0) and also bought a USB 2.0 PCI card. ... bovendien heb je niet eens het fatsoen om Nederlands te posten in een ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev)