Endpin jack problem on abg
- From: sln <sln@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:54:15 -0800
The endpin jack on my JBPlayer acoustic bass has recently been causing me grief, typically with momentary disconnects. Last night it failed completely on me when I jacked in, in the middle of a set (I simply went back to my other bass).
Here's the part:
The guitar is only a year old, and sees most of its use unplugged, so this shouldn't be a wear issue. I pulled it out for a look and the connecting wires are fine. As you can see from the picture, it's a sealed barrel jack, so I can't inspect the contacts inside.
Is this a common problem? I can easily replace it with another of the same kind, but I'd rather not end up with the same problem if this is common with these parts. Perhaps there's a better jack to be used?
Mr. Shannon Nelson Parents can't afford to be squeamish.
sln - at - onemain dot com
- Prev by Date: Re: Happy New Year
- Next by Date: Re: Endpin jack problem on abg
- Previous by thread: No "Sound" from my Fender Jazz Bass, Part 2
- Next by thread: Re: Endpin jack problem on abg