Re: Why you should learn to read

JimmyM wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:36:27 -0500, Les Cargill
<lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ALL musical skill is primarily in demand in business situations.
There's no reason for any musical skill in normal day to day life.
Your inability to recognize that it's a fun way to better yourself as
a musician...I just don't get it.

He's not even arguing that. He's saying that sight reading is elitist.

It is. My price for sight reading gigs is way higher than for other
gigs ;)

But it certainly isn't something you have to be rich to do.

Uhhhhh.... this isn't a particularly financially denominated
"elitism"....

--
Les Cargill

  • Re: TalonGrip Vise Jaw System
    ... Not sure why but you just keep tryin to reason with this mental ... and he was put on this earth to make everyone's life a lil more ... Just accept it and have fun with him. ... basket case....put on this earth for our pleasure. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Is Italy fun to visit
    ... Shawn Hirn wrote: ... It depends on how you define fun, but I had the time of my life in Italy ... You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Winco has Jiffy mixes!
    ... I have tried to lay off, but it's tough for someone whose life runs by ... logic and reason and lots of fun. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Feminists
    ... I may well be in a minority on this point, ... life goes to hell, so that the additional years are no fun, but I see no ... reason to expect it to be true. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Ping Cheri
    ... > I guess you are having fun since that is the only reason you come ... Very sad there is not more to your life. ... No, Guy, I'm not having fun, but your backstabbing comments do nothing to ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)