Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only
- From: Breaker <no_name@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:05:31 +0000
Oh yeah, and Bullet The Blue Sky - U2. Open E, fretted D.
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:00:48 +0000, Breaker <no_name@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Waterfront - Simple Minds, its an open D string.Tomorrow Never Knows,
just batter away at C, third fret A string. Or She Sells Sanctuary -
The Cult, D and C on the A string, G on the E string.
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:23:55 +1300, derek@xxxxxxxxx (Derek Tearne)
A friend of mine is working on a piece of performance art and wants to
do a kind of suzi quattro rock chick cameo - in the last version of this
show she played a little accordian and sang but I reckon she can do
It occurs to me that there are a fair number of well known tunes that
can be played on open strings and 1 or 2 fretted notes only - the first
one we tried is 'rock n roll' by Led Zepellin - just pedalling the A
string, D string, A again and G on the E string - the original version
isn't quite that simple but it is close enough to be convincing.
Other obvious ones are 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and 'Fight
for the Right to Party' by the beastie boys.
Their must be loads more - any suggestions?
- Prev by Date: Re: Derek won't mind me stealing this thread..
- Next by Date: G-men raid Gibson
- Previous by thread: Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only
- Next by thread: Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only