Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only
- From: "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:33:06 -0500
Jim Carr <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Derek Tearne wrote:
A friend of mine is working on a piece of performance art and wants
to do a kind of suzi quattro rock chick cameo - in the last version
of this show she played a little accordian and sang but I reckon she
can do better.
It occurs to me that there are a fair number of well known tunes that
can be played on open strings and 1 or 2 fretted notes only - the
first one we tried is 'rock n roll' by Led Zepellin - just pedalling
the A string, D string, A again and G on the E string - the original
version isn't quite that simple but it is close enough to be
Other obvious ones are 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and
'Fight for the Right to Party' by the beastie boys.
Their must be loads more - any suggestions?
Or any I-IV-V progression in A or D...
- Prev by Date: Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only
- Next by Date: Re: Do you drink at gigs?
- Previous by thread: Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only
- Next by thread: Re: songs on open strings + 1 fretted note only