Re: Sometimes you break your rule and it pays off
- From: Mike <tetrickm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 05:04:26 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 1, 8:00 pm, bassman2 <vince_angelon...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is the 2nd time the bass player (who switched to guitar) has
gotten me gigs....he gets hired on bass, says nothing about that he
can play guitar...waits for guitar player to flake out (not uncommon
apparently), says "oh, I can move over to guitar if you want" and
gives me the bass gig.
Gee, you could take that a few ways...a) I can get bass gigs but I'd
rather play guitar b) I like the way Mike plays, he is better than me
on bass or c) you want less money as a bass player that he does...
But if you are getting a gig and you are happy, hey, cool!
There's really only one way to take it....my buddy has the time to
find gigs for himself on guitar and/or bass.....I just pick up the
crumbs when he switches from bass to guitar! It's a win/win. I'm
gonna get him to slide back over to bass so I can play some tunes on
guitar at the next show.
Bottom line - I just don't have time these days (4 kids at home) to
find the gigs on my own.
- Prev by Date: Re: Sometimes you break your rule and it pays off
- Next by Date: Re: cut in pay 2
- Previous by thread: Re: Sometimes you break your rule and it pays off
- Next by thread: Re: Sometimes you break your rule and it pays off