Re: FEnder Road Worn basses

Rob Schuh <noone222@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got a great deal on a new Sunburst Road Worn bass and it has
knocked my socks off. If feels good, sounds amazing both through an
amp and is loud acoustically and just plays great. I think Fender has
shot themselves in the foot as these are as nice if not better than
the US "relics." Granted, the US "relics" have quartersawn necks, but
the originals did not, so the Road Worns are more authentic. I also
was able to pick up a RW for a killer deal that I will put with a new
Highway One body in a 60s Nitro color that should be VERY hip. If you
are an anti relic guy, don't bother spewing your hatred. These RW
basses are nice instruments, no matter how they look.

My grievance is, why the gimmick? They may be nice instruments, but why
can't Fender offer stock basses of similar quality at similar prices
that aren't "road worn"? It's not "hatred", it's a reasonable question
from a person who doesn't particularly care for that look.

  • Re: Fender
    ... ,Rickenbacker,Gretsch or other American made instruments ... It used to be that the price of Fender equipment made it ... what he plays now. ... I really do not think that the non-reverse wound vintage strats with ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: FEnder Road Worn basses
    ... all from the safety of your cubicle. ... I think Fender has ... basses are nice instruments, ... can't Fender offer stock basses of similar quality at similar prices ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: FEnder Road Worn basses
    ... I think Fender has ... shot themselves in the foot as these are as nice if not better than ... basses are nice instruments, ... can't Fender offer stock basses of similar quality at similar prices ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: FEnder Road Worn basses
    ... all from the safety of your cubicle. ... I think Fender has ... basses are nice instruments, ... can't Fender offer stock basses of similar quality at similar prices ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Fender
    ... ,Rickenbacker,Gretsch or other American made instruments ... It used to be that the price of Fender equipment made it ... emulate what has been done a million times.. ... that these digital modeling pedals today even approach the real thing. ...
    (alt.guitar)