Re: Got hum destroyer, still have hum

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Brian Running" <brunning@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:YqGHl.1210$cW.425@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RichL wrote:

Well you could verify that that's the problem by testing out your rig on
a properly grounded receptacle, if none are available in your own home
then elsewhere...just sayin'...
Yes, and I'm sure you understand I'm giving Benj a hard time for being... well, for being Benj. But no matter what, you've got to agree that a properly-grounded and -polarized circuit and receptacle are important and an easy thing to do. Even if it doesn't help noise, it's important to do.

But Brian, a Leviton electrical outlet costs almost three dollars and installing it could take as little as 5 minutes, or 10 if you get an important phone call during installation. That's a lot to ask of a person.

Unless you have, as I do, an older house that has two conductor wiring in the house. There is no ground and no metallic conduit. I literally had to rewire the outlets I use for my sound equipment. To rewire the entire house would be a time-consuming and expensive affair.

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert