Re: 18 volt vs. 9 volt

Jim Carr <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:hk8Dl.2880$Ji5.1428@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

The BorgMan wrote:
Jess Band-ee-Coot <LateShoBandicoot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:49db8484$0 $5907$607ed4bc@xxxxxx:

I buy them in bulk, as anyone who wants the best price would.
Showing up at a gig without any extra 9-volts is amateur-ville.

I play a passive bass, and use no pedals that require a 9 volt - yet
I always carry 2-3 of them in my gig bag.

You carry 2-3 pedals in your bag but don't use them?

Ha, ha...

I always carry 2 or 3 9 volts... as well as a DMM, a soldering iron,
electrical tape, wire strippers, pliers, screwdrivers, super glue, and a
few dozen other things.

--
Aaron

  • Re: 18 volt vs. 9 volt
    ... Showing up at a gig without any extra 9-volts is amateur-ville. ... I play a passive bass, and use no pedals that require a 9 volt - yet I ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Distortion/Overdrive Pedals Again
    ... Fulldrive2 MOSFET vs. the Jekyll & Hyde. ... that sound great at low volume don't sound as good on the gig. ... several other less expensive pedals. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Distortion/Overdrive Pedals Again
    ... that sound great at low volume don't sound as good on the gig. ... so a pedal that sounds good through both a PA and an amp I'd ... several other less expensive pedals. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: The pedalboard GAS cure
    ... pedals, I mentioned i did this, and one guy, a particularly virulent ... played the first gig as a guitar player. ... like the knobs are more or less in the right area. ... I used a Voodoo Lab PPII for my power ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: The Police last night
    ... The thing I was worried about before the gig was that they would have ... or that there would be loads of backing tracks to fill out the sound. ... triggering these with pedals - he had a set of bass pedals, ... different as a musician, and therefore play differently, knowing YOU are ...
    (uk.music.guitar)