Re: Thoughts on taxes On Topic

RichL wrote:

If you're a DIY'er regardless of whether you use the assistance of
software or not, you've got to be familiar with all the pertinent IRS
regs, booklets, instructions, etc.

We pay a CPA to file for us, he spots things we would never in a hundred
years stumble on so while it's ain't exactly cheap it works out well for us.

As for H&R Block, they've been busted for things like charging illegally
high interest rates, steering clients to investments that profit HRB rather
than the client, threatening employees who fail to push clients into
low-interest IRAs with hidden fees, and so on. Sometimes You Get What You
Pay For is good advice.

  • Re: Thoughts on taxes On Topic
    ... regs, booklets, instructions, etc. ... We pay a CPA to file for us, he spots things we would never in a hundred years stumble on so while it's ain't exactly cheap it works out well for us. ... As for H&R Block, they've been busted for things like charging illegally high interest rates, steering clients to investments that profit HRB rather than the client, threatening employees who fail to push clients into low-interest IRAs with hidden fees, and so on. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Finding an IC on internet
    ... You're saying a service is paying up to 20 cents a line and you're worth 200 bucks an hour? ... Generally because of well established relationships with very happy clients. ... not likely to pay .20 when they can pay .18 or .15 assuming all other ... _every_ kind of acute care work was $14.55 - on top of that was an incentive program that paid upwards of $5 per hour, ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Finding an IC on internet
    ... But for somebody who is only just now finding the need fot MTs they are ... "I need an acute care MT and I'll pay up to $12." ... and that's not what we pay the ones we have. ... We're not going to make any money if our clients are getting back bad ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: The Charter for This Newsgroup
    ... >> offering to pay for the accountant and donate $2000.00 to the non- ... > Stupid suggestion and not necessary. ... >> to prove that he hasn't been sent here by big pharma to make pro-alts ... a licensed CPA to go over my financial records ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: Legal fees
    ... you accepted instructions? ... fee note. ... will send it to you" which means they have no option but to pay at once. ... requesting payment within 14 days. ...
    (uk.legal)