Re: Adoption awareness (was Re: agb.com has new owner)

"Steve Freides" <steve@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"John O" <johnospamalot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Just a quick comment...I've been reading this group for something like
two years now. I recall reading about this site now and then, and maybe I
visited it once, but I don't remember *anything* about it.

Something has to happen here in AGB to make the site more visible, if
most of you think is it useful. Whether that's a few people adding the
url to their sig line, or a weekly post aimed at newbies. Maybe more
references to it when answering posts, such as the FAQ regarding cabs and
ohms.

-John O

A good Usenet practice is for someone to post a link to the FAQ once a
month or so as a new thread.

Other than that, Usenet is Usenet, not a web site, and there's no need for
anyone to visit a web site related to a newsgroup unless it's got content
that's of interest. I hang out in several newsgroups that represent
different interest areas of mine, and I think this is only the second one
I've ever heard of that has some sort of web site associated with it.

-S-

I've seen a few of them, most notable the PowerPoint faq at pptfaq.com, and
the definitive FAQ on barbecue. lol. Anyway, otherwise I agree,

-John O

  • Roger Wittekind & the Flamming FAQ
    ... This FAQ is not meant for sale and is copyright 2005, ... If you want to use this FAQ freely on your Website or page, please feel free, but send a quick message through the newsgroup misc.transport.trucking and let me, and the rest of the world, know about it. ... MTT = Misc.Transport.Trucking - A Usenet group in which the troll Roger Wittekind posts regularly. ... he has been caught changing his screen name 79 Times in the past two years in a desperate attempt to design an online personality that will be accepted by others in MTT. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • The official alt.religion.jehovahs-witn FAQ v2.01
    ... I may, or may not, update this FAQ as I ... newsgroup alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. ... Since people view Jehovah's Witnesses with such a wide ... I'm new to USENET, what is it, and what do I do? ...
    (talk.religion.misc)
  • Re: I closed my ebay store
    ... Spend a month or two crawling through the Usenet archives and show me ... The purpose of this newsgroup is to make ... Who should read this FAQ? ... the denizens of amoe. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: C-FAQ 19.7
    ... post a reference to anything that exists only on Usenet. ... The FAQ is routinely posted as a single article. ... little surprised by a newsgroup FAQ that specifically avoids any ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • SonicWALL filtering of Usenet
    ... I've been asking questions of the SonicWALL support staff, ... to have found a tech who doesn't know what Usenet is. ... > how to allow access to a blocked Usenet newsgroup. ... I went to that web site and there is nothing ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)