Re: Young people...

Brian Running wrote:
DGDevin wrote:

That's an interesting point. Maybe having been fed a diet of concentrated crap the younger crowd is especially appreciative when they finally hear some decent music. Imagine having been raised on dancing boy bands, pop tarts and hip hop, and then hearing real rock and blues. It would be like awakening from a coma....

As a matter of fact, I can imagine that. I was raised on The Ohio Express, The Archies, The Cowsills and the 1910 Fruitgum Company -- among many others in the genre --

I *love* that stuff. I have 45s in my mother's attic.

This link is to my kid doing baby sign language a while back. The music, though, is pure bubble gum in the above genre. Actually, Brian, I think you commented on it way back when.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUkvaOn7cE

  • Re: What Are You Reading??
    ... is something I can't imagine ever wanting to read, ... But the genre of fantasy actually includes a lot ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Ambient Music "starter kit"
    ... I've just come across a hard copy [of a post to this newsgroup] that I made about 5 years ago regarding the above subject. ... I can't imagine how many more folks have become subscribers to this group since then. ... "What would you consider as the "Top 10" cd's that would be indispensable examples for beginners to appreciate this genre of music? ... I'm hooked on Harold Budd, ...
    (rec.music.ambient)
  • Re: Boston ticket sales
    ... genre of magazine, and, in fact, he does show up there quite a bit, ... I honestly couldn't imagine why he would ever be mentioned in US ... unless he were found half-naked on a balcony with a woman other ... than his wife, or something... ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: "chick" (for women)
    ... judgment of genre, not of quality. ... I imagine most other women use the ...
    (alt.usage.english)