Re: bass straight into a power amp
- From: pTooner <geddings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 18:40:47 -0500
Les Cargill wrote:
pTooner wrote:It is not an xlr only. It has both xlr and trs in and out as does my Rollsed s wrote:On Dec 6, 8:22 pm, "David" <d_coch...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:YOu know, this might do the trick for very little http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BEHMIC100 I use a Rolls similar to this for acoustic guitar preamp.">
I was weighing my options and trying to get the most bang for the buck. II'm sure this has been asked before but............It's been tried. It generally doesn't work very well. Mostly due to
has anyone tried playing a bass ( with active EQ) straight into a power
and into a cab?
impedance and level matching (or lack thereof).
But if you've got the amp and bass already try it out - it won't do any
might start playing with my old band who play out 1 or 2 times a week.
Get a TUBE pre amp and your all set ( you need some tone controls and
balls )- Ed S.
If it's an XLR only input, it probably won't be very good. The gain
range and impedance of the input is all wrong. The acoustic guitar
preamp is much more likely to work.
- Prev by Date: Re: Adoption awareness (was Re: agb.com has new owner)
- Next by Date: Re: Booze vs Reality
- Previous by thread: Re: bass straight into a power amp
- Next by thread: Re: bass straight into a power amp