Re: The 16 year old singer review.....

"pTooner" <geddings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EQnZk.3028$dc4.2544@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, but still, it's a matter of respect for a nicely made tool. Dogs
should be about 50 feet away from the front of the gun.

Depends on the dog. I know some dogs that have better manners (and
better sense!), that some of the folks who hang around here. I've even
known a couple of dogs that I'd seriously consider taking a bullet for.
In any event, I say give 'em a sporting chance, make it about 1000 meters
in front of the gun. If one can't hit a dog-sized target at 1000 meters,
one shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Unless, of course, it's a pistol,
then a couple hundred meters is a fair distance.

I really gotta ask. How many people do you know who could hit a target
the size of a dog at 1000 meters? Or with a pistol at "a couple of
hundred meters"? I have to say that nothing in my fairly respectable
arsenal is capable of either shot even if I thought I could do it. I have
a Dan Wesson Super Mag that can make the shot at 100 meters, but certainly
not 200,

Gerry

I like dogs, so I think 1000 meters with a rifle (as long as you aren't
using a Barrett Arms M107), or 200 meters with a pistol gives them a
sporting chance. :-)
I once hit a deer in the heart at a bit over a thousand meters with an M14
with the stock peep sight. Lucky shot? Maybe, but I also knocked down every
1000 meter silouette target on the rifle range with the same rifle in basic
training (we got two shots per target).

  • Re: The 16 year old singer review.....
    ... should be about 50 feet away from the front of the gun. ... known a couple of dogs that I'd seriously consider taking a bullet for. ... In any event, I say give 'em a sporting chance, make it about 1000 meters ... so I think 1000 meters with a rifle (as long as you aren't ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: The 16 year old singer review.....
    ... Dogs should be about 50 feet away from the front of the gun. ... it about 1000 meters in front of the gun. ... respectable arsenal is capable of either shot even if I thought I ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: The 16 year old singer review.....
    ... should be about 50 feet away from the front of the gun. ... known a couple of dogs that I'd seriously consider taking a bullet for. ... In any event, I say give 'em a sporting chance, make it about 1000 meters ... arsenal is capable of either shot even if I thought I could do it. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: The 16 year old singer review.....
    ... I know some dogs that have better manners, that some of the folks who hang around here. ... In any event, I say give 'em a sporting chance, make it about 1000 meters in front of the gun. ... I have to say that nothing in my fairly respectable arsenal is capable of either shot even if I thought I could do it. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)