Re: The 16 year old singer review.....

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I don't force myself into my son's situations. But, he still shares his achievments and current interests with me almost daily, even though he's 3000 miles away at the moment. It really sucks to have a kid like that, you betcha. When he was here, he came to probably half my gigs, just because we have a lot of common musical interests.

First, this has no direct bearing on whether your normal teenager would want mommy or daddy sitting in on an audition. Talking about it before and afterwards is not the same thing as staying close to mommy during the audition.

Second, it doesn't support your claim that teens want their parents to do that unless the parents are "pieces of shit."

Tomorrow, I'll set up an appointment with a shrink to discuss this. Something must be wrong.

I've known that about you for a while, Joe. While you're there go over the whole thing about shooting dogs and jailing their owners.

--
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
- Anonymous

  • Re: The 16 year old singer review.....
    ... want mommy or daddy sitting in on an audition. ... it doesn't support your claim that teens want their parents to do ... whole thing about shooting dogs and jailing their owners. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Very OT -- Arrested For a Kiss?
    ... parents out there are completely clueless. ... He was quiet during the wedding, then he sat up to the table in his spiffy suit and made polite conversation while eating shrimp with the grown ups. ... One day this enlightened soul came to pick her little monster up at school, and the kid was being surly to her. ... Mommy started to go into "Oh, ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • The Gift of Language.
    ... As we were walking hand in hand, we had a "Mommy and son" chat about all sorts of things that we discovered along the way. ... "In their dealings with authority, they were at a huge disadvantage-a disaster, since so many of them depended upon various public bureaucracies for so many of their needs, from their housing and health care to their income and the education of their children. ... Of course, it was not my mastery of language alone that produced this result; rather, my mastery of language signaled my capacity to make serious trouble for the bureaucrats if they did not do as I asked. ... After years of advocacy work on behalf of parents, I ended up with the "District Parent Leadership Award!" ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Totally OT - Nanny 911
    ... Manny parents don't want to be parents but good friends with their ... there was little need for child labor. ... agree with you that for families not so well off, ... be greeted at the front door with "mommy, mommy,mommy, mommy" and a ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Potter vs. Twist
    ... >: arrival on Diagon Alley... ... He DID play the young David Copperfield, ... his parents' friends suggested that he ... audition for the role of Oliver Twist in a TV adaptation, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)