Re: Joe The Pianist?

Mike Rieves wrote:
"Misifus" <rafseibert@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6pd768F77ui7U2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Rieves wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" <newstrash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bRYXk.3623$zQ3.2817@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wal-Mart is working closely with police, company spokesman Dan Fogleman said.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," Fogleman said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families at this difficult time."

Yeah, right! They have these Black Friday sales with huge discounts on items that are in very limited quantities, and they don't know that folks are going to crowd and push and shove and even fight to get at them, even though the same thing happens somewhere every year, often at a Walmart. As with all major retailers, profit is their top priority, and don't you ever forget it!

You say, "profit," like it was a bad thing. <g>

-Raf

It is a bad thing when they're stealing from the average worker to create it. It isn't bad at all when they're paying their workers a fair wage, and cahrging reasonable prices.

"Stealing"? Any business that doesn't make a profit must close its doors. I disagree that all profit is theft.

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert

  • Re: Joe The Pianist?
    ... priority," Fogleman said. ... Any business that doesn't make a profit must close its ... undeserved salaries and bonuses and trips. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Joe The Pianist?
    ... priority," Fogleman said. ... As with all major retailers, profit is their top priority, ... Any business that doesn't make a profit must close its doors. ... I did not say that all profit is theft. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Obama to extend non-existent tax cuts
    ... priority. ... When the government takes from you it is called taxes. ... When common criminal takes from you it is called stealing. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Obama to extend non-existent tax cuts
    ... priority. ... When the government takes from you it is called taxes. ... When common criminal takes from you it is called stealing. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Joe The Pianist?
    ... "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and ... their families at this difficult time." ... As with all major retailers, profit is their top priority, and don't you ... It is a bad thing when they're stealing from the average worker to create ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)