Re: Country Bass Picking

It should be pointed out that Jerry Reed, and Chet Atkins also I
believe, both used thumbpicks as opposed to holding a pick with their
thumb and finger. It's a small difference maybe, but using the
thumbpick does make it a little more closely related to regular
fingerpicking. In fact, when talking about hybrid picking, I think
people are usually referring to holding a pick and also using your
fingers - at least that's the first image that comes to my mind. I'm
not sure I've ever heard using a thumbpick ever referred to before as
hybrid picking, but there's a first time for everything.
.