Re: Travers Pick
- From: pTooner <geddings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:40:28 -0500
On 20 Nov 2008, pTooner <geddings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
I think it was on here some time back that the subject of guitar
finger picking was under discussion and I mentioned the Travers
pick style or traverse pick I don't know about the spelling.
"Travis picking". Named after country singer/guitarist Merle Travis.
Very interesting. A guy taught me the pattern in 1966 to play DOn't THink Twice and referred to it as Travers Pick as used by Paul Stucke. (I know that isn't spelled right) Anyway, I never knew where it came from and assumed it was either traverse as in across the fretboard or Travers as in Mary Travers.
- Prev by Date: Re: Rehearse? No thanks - a real-life example
- Next by Date: Re: Dinner Music - Quick Poll
- Previous by thread: Re: Travers Pick
- Next by thread: Re: Travers Pick