Re: Note for note

On Nov 15, 1:10 am, "Mike Rieves" <mr...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Pt" <pea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:b86ce8a1-b16e-449b-8830-cc4f5d170e85@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I often play bass note for note…sometimes not.
The reason is that it is easier for me to play what they are playing
on an MP3 than it is to try to create my own bass lines to a song.
Sometimes improv bass lines don’t work.
Note for note lines always work.

  Note for note bass lines only "always work" when everyone in the band is
playing note for note as well. If the other instrumentalists are adlibbing,
a note for note bass line may work fine, or it may sound like crap.

Can't believe I'm admitting this in writing: I mostly agree with Mike
Rieves!

(just yanking yer chain, Mikey!)

Corey

  • Re: Note for note
    ... The reason is that it is easier for me to play what they are playing ... on an MP3 than it is to try to create my own bass lines to a song. ... Note for note bass lines only "always work" when everyone in the band is ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Note for note
    ... The reason is that it is easier for me to play what they are playing ... on an MP3 than it is to try to create my own bass lines to a song. ... Note for note bass lines only "always work" when everyone in the band is ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • RE: Festival and vchans
    ... troubleshooting festival all this time and found that when I play an mp3 ... with sox it is playing in a low pitch also. ... actually appears to be a problem with having vchans enabled. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • 80070057 cant play mp3 file
    ... i try to play a mp3 that i have in my file. ... after playing for a couple of secs, this comes up error: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Thou shalt have no other gods before the ANSI C standard
    ... > I download a MP3 file from, er, well, never mind where I got it from. ... > I play it on my computer or on my iPod. ... > it were able to take control of the code running on the DSP, ... the code that's playing your MP3 has access to the CD drive. ...
    (sci.crypt)