Re: Upgrading my studio (again) - LONG

Mike Rieves wrote:

There were a few solo and duo acts around here that used midi backing, which makes it really easy to operate midi controlled lighting, the lighting control for each song was incorporated into the midi backing track and was sent through a separate midi port to the light controller. That allowed them to program very complex and dynamic lighting changes into each song, if they so desired. Good lighting and good midi backing tracks can make even one or two people into a very impressive act. The lights don't have to be all that elaborate, a color-changing spot or two on each performer, some side fill floods mounted on collapsible stands and maybe a strobe or two can be very impressive when properly programmed. A setup like that takes 30 minutes or less to setup, btw.

I didn't ask you, and you didn't answer the question anyway. Did I accidentally use "how" instead of "why" again?

--
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
- Anonymous

  • Re: CE virgin, looking for guidance in finding things
    ... just farting around, you've got some pretty extreme requirements. ... and analog output (to control dimmers). ... The use cases look like "drop a DVD into the DVD ... I want low jitter, because of the lighting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Funny Stuff
    ... That automatic control ends up being encouraged by several energy ... connected to other automatic lighting shutoff controls. ... with an automatic control device to shut off lighting in those areas. ... An occupant sensor that shall turn lighting off within 30 minutes ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: CE virgin, looking for guidance in finding things
    ... of hardware, but, that's another development system, etc. ... digital I/O to other devices (LED lighting, relay controlled devices), ... and analog output (to control dimmers). ... The use cases look like "drop a DVD into the DVD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Funny Stuff
    ... That automatic control ends up being encouraged by several energy ... connected to other automatic lighting shutoff controls. ... with an automatic control device to shut off lighting in those areas. ... An occupant sensor that shall turn lighting off within 30 minutes ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Upgrading my equiptment, Canon Camera Quality
    ... want even if you are not able to exert the control you would like when the ... lighting conditions and artfully printed with grab-shot photography. ... Before you purchase any other gear I would recommend some serious reading ...
    (alt.photography)