Re: Upgrading my studio (again) - LONG
- From: Brian Running <brunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:52:50 -0500
The pedigree on this explains why it's so cool. It was originally
designed and manufactured by Aviom.
I like the way this trend is going. You remember a few months ago I complained because no one was making a live digital mixing system that put the converters on stage, used a cat5 cable, and would feed separate tracks into your computer for simultaneous recording? And then how people jumped all over that, saying it can't be done? Well, it looks like Mackie is selling that system right now, and it's at a fairly reasonable price, sure to come down in the future:
Maybe Mackie becomes the low-cost leader in what is certain to be the future of live sound. I wonder if they can talk Aviom into letting them do the A16, too, and make it affordable for us mere mortals?
- Prev by Date: Re: Does Your Town Have Bars Like This?
- Next by Date: Re: If you were to pick the perfect amp and bass setup for medium sized gigs what would it be?
- Previous by thread: Re: Upgrading my studio (again) - LONG
- Next by thread: Re: Upgrading my studio (again) - LONG