Re: First bass encounter
- From: Ken Dixon <nsvmiami@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:41:56 -0400
"Ken Dixon" <nsvmiami@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:gd5aiq$svo$1@xxxxxxxxxxxPt wrote:<snip>My first bass encounter was in the 50’sHere I am with my Kingston in 65 with the "Mad Rahs" in a promo shot for an all school revue when we backed up 3 black female singers doing "My Guy". Whooo-hooo.........big time.What was your first bass encounter?
My first ever bass was a Kingston short scale electric my dad gave me for my 14th b'day. My first "real" bass was a EKO violin bass that I bought in 67 or 68 which was replaced by the Telebass I bought about a year after and still have. I made the mistake of loaning the EKO to a buddy with a heroine problem and never saw it or him again ;-/
Ken in Miami
Very cool. I wish I had some pics from back in those days.
- Prev by Date: Re: Thank you Todd H. Douchebag
- Next by Date: Re: First bass encounter
- Previous by thread: Re: First bass encounter
- Next by thread: Re: First bass encounter