Re: Boot this guitarist?

On Sep 18, 2:52 pm, Jim Carr <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim Carr" <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:YtxAk.14840$Dj1.11852@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMlc6Vw2tg8
Let me know how long it takes you to figure out the key. This is the
exact version I provided.
That's not the "original" version.

So, what key do you guys play it in?

OK. It's the version you have on a CD, in the player, in your living room,
with your guitar in your hand.

Now answer the question using that information.

I already know how to play it. I've done it two other bands in two
different keys. Why do you want me to waste my time downloading a
bootleg MP3 when you could type one letter and hit send?

Sounds to me like you don't know enough about music to answer a simple
question. I really don't want to join a band where in response to a
"what is the key" question the guy pushes the neck forward, looks at his
hands and says, "I start playing it here."

I also don't want to be in a band where the guy plays games instead of
giving straight answers. I'll pass. Good luck in your search!

--
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
- Anonymous

I actually agree with Jim on this one. I've played LOTS of songs, in
LOTS of different bands, and frankly, I'm not going to do much more
than do a cursory review. Also, there've been a number of times where
someone's sent me an MP3 of a song and said "This is the version we
do" only to get there and find out well, it WAS the version they
did... before the new singer came in, or...

Also, depending on the recording, sometimes it really ISN'T that easy
to decide what key to play something in, and a half step here or there
may very well affect how a guitarist is going to voice things.

I really waited to wade in on this one, because it felt weird to me
that you felt this was an issue? To me it's just a simple question,
and I can't figure out why it's a big deal to be asked?

Corey

  • Re: PPVII
    ... I think I only missed a couple of songs though. ... The opening two bands seemed to have guitar level problems on both ... Vision Divine guitar players. ...
    (rec.music.artists.queensryche)
  • Re: OT: (Long) Over-fucking-whelmed...
    ... I played guitar in several rock and roll bands back in those days. ... John asked me to teach him how to play the guitar, ... He was a bright kid and a fast learner, and soon could play fairly ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Noob Question
    ... decent rhythm guitar and perhaps some lead in a band. ... I am looking to play classic rock stuff from ... Turn on your radio/stereo/sound system and play songs that you like. ... Turn up your sound system and then plug in and start playing to the songs. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: The reasons why The Beatles were the best ever ...
    ... Each genre had its followers and its cover bands. ... The Stones and Led Zeppelin, who were both every bit as musically ... Stones songs to play, and 10thousand times more guitar licks from ... Sugar on the guitar....but you had to tune your guitar a half step ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: How B.S. Gets Started
    ... I can't play a good solo yet. ... guitar ultimately hinges on your solo ability. ... seriously great songs. ...
    (alt.guitar)