Re: Dem convention

BW <barrybassist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 8, 1:35 pm, Brian Running <brunn...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A mayor of a town of a few thousand for 2 years, a governor for
under 2 years (during which time, by the way, she's been accused of
abuse of power; trooper-gate), a heart beat away from the most
powerful office on the planet, next in line to a guy who's a cancer
survivor and old (and a supporter of the worst Constitution damager
in U.S. history).

I read this little tidbit in this weekend's Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122065537792905483.html

I guess running a little town in Alaska competently was beyond her
ability. God help us all, this is someone the Republicans think
should be vice president of the US. Absolutely unbelievable.

The good news just doesn't stop coming, does it?

And it won't until she gets elected, and none of it will matter.

I'm convinced that McCain has set things up so that any criticisms of
Palin can be turned around as a slam on the "eastern, liberal media".
And yes, in the McCain/Palin narrow universe, this will include the Wall
Street Journal.

The entire campaign will be waged against straw men. The "dumb chic"
philosophy will rule once more in the end, from railing against
:eastern, liberal" scientists trying to ram apocrypha like evolution and
global warming down the throats of the common folk to touting her
ability to fire a gun as somehow being part of the "evidence" for her
qualifications.

Goddamn it, just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse.

  • it staged, you counted, yet Cristof never fondly willed in front of the paragraph
    ... by force of character and ability, ... human power and therefore human right chiefly consist; ... But every woman is at heart a rake. ... Women never have young minds. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Manipulations
    ... a similar ability. ... Sure it doesn't "recycle" cards but the option is ... Neither is exactly comparable to the Heart, ... I might be missing the vamp you're talking about. ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Microsoft Localized Software.
    ... I will wear my heart upon my sleeveFor daws to peck at. ... It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Snape Acquitted of All Charges!
    ... > I don't think it says one way or the other about someone's ability to ... > person at heart", yet perform the actions of a bad person, then you are ... "what you are" is beyond your control. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)